49-Key USB MIDI Controller
The M-Audio Oxygen 49 USB MIDI controller delivers next-generation functionality from Avid, the leading innovator in mobile music production technology. Oxygen 49 features eight assignable knobs and nine assignable sliders, plus dedicated transport and track select buttons.
DirectLink mode automatically maps these controls to common DAW (digital audio workstation) functions* including transport, mixer, track pan, and plug-in parameters. Built-in factory presets offer support for popular virtual instruments right out of the box—no complicated setup required. Velocity-sensitive keys and a sleek, compact design round out a portable keyboard that’s perfect for both production and performance. No other MIDI controller in this price range has so much functionality while remaining easy to use.
M-AUDIO OXYGEN 49 AT A GLANCE
- Bus-powered 49-key USB MIDI controller—easy computer connectivity
- 8 assignable knobs, 9 assignable sliders—control DAW (digital audio workstation) and virtual instrument parameters
- DirectLink mode—instant controller mapping to DAW functions
- Dedicated transport and track select buttons—streamlined session control
- Pro Tools compatible—get hands-on control of the industry-standard DAW
A Portable Keyboard That’s Perfect for Both Production and Performance
Streamlined Session Control
Featuring eight assignable knobs, nine assignable sliders, dedicated transport controls and track up/down buttons, Oxygen 49 gives you total control over your session—allowing you to stay engaged in the creative flow of recording and mixing music rather than being interrupted by the constant back and forth between QWERTY keyboard and MIDI controller. DirectLink mode automatically maps Oxygen 49 controls to common DAW parameters*—while factory presets provide instant mapping to popular virtual instruments including Xpand!2, Hybrid, Velvet, Strike, Oddity, ImpOSCar, and MiniMonsta. Use the dedicated Select buttons to quickly switch MIDI channels and presets for deep tactile control over multitimbral software instruments. Interfacing a MIDI controller with your software doesn’t get any easier than this.
*For a list of DAW applications currently compatible with DirectLink mode, visit: www.m-audio.com/directlink.
M-Audio MIDI controllers revolutionized mobile music production, and continue to be the best-selling name in the game. In fact, M-Audio controllers are used by more professional producers and players than any other brand on the market. Thanks to continued innovation over the course of nearly a decade, the Oxygen 49 controller has a solid, reliable build—and puts as much musicality into the keyboard as it does into the complement of other MIDI controls.
Pro Tools Compatible
The Oxygen 49 MIDI controller offers out-of-the-box integration with Pro Tools software—the industry standard DAW found in professional, project, and personal studios around the world. With DirectLink, the Oxygen 49 controls instantly map to key parameters in the Pro Tools Mixer, Edit, and Transport windows—as well as the powerful suite of virtual instruments bundled with Pro Tools. Together, Oxygen 49 and Pro Tools software provide streamlined workflows in a formidable system with tons of interface options and industry-standard file compatibility.
Full Features Overview
- 49 velocity-sensitive keys
- 8 MIDI-assignable knobs
- 9 MIDI-assignable sliders
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- Dedicated track up/down buttons
- DirectLink mode automatically maps controls to common DAW parameters
- Factory presets map controllers to popular music software:
- Unique Select buttons for on-the-fly step-through of presets, program changes and MIDI channels
- 4 velocity curves and 3 fixed velocity settings
- Sustain pedal input
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Windows Vista
and Mac OS X
- USB bus powered
From the most prestigious, award-winning productions, to music and movies made at home, Avid creates the technology that people use to make the most listening to, most watched, and most loved media in the world. The shows, commercials, and news programs you watch on TV. The entertaining video and film stories you see on the web and on the big screen. The personal audio and video treasures that people make at home to preserve their favorite moments in life. Our innovative digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar statuettes, a Grammy, and 14 Emmys.
MIDI Data from variable controllers:
- MIDI Control Number
- Program, Bank LSB, Bank MSB
- Pitch Bend
- GM/GM2/XG SysEx Messages
MIDI Data from buttons/switches:
- Note On
- Note On/Off toggle
- MIDI CC On/Off toggle
- Program, Bank LSB, Bank MSB presets
- MIDI Machine Control functions
- GM/GM2/XG SysEx messages
Minimum System Requirements
Windows XP (SP3)*
- 1 GHz Intel or AMD**
- 512MB RAM
Windows Vista 32 , 64bit (SP1) / Win7 32, 64bit
- 1.6 GHz Intel or AMD**
- 1 GB RAM
- 128MB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or 10.5.6
- Macintosh G4 1GHz**
- 512MB RAM
- G4 accelerator cards not supported
* Home and Professional Edition only. Windows Media Center Edition is not supported.
** CPU may be higher for laptops.
M-Audio suggests you also check the minimum system requirements for your software, as they may be greater than above.
What’s in the Package?
- Oxygen 49 keyboard controller
- USB cable
- Printed quick start guide
- PDF user guide
- Installer CD-ROM