Guitar Pro is first and foremost software designed to edit tablatures for guitar, bass, and other fretted instruments from 4 to 8 strings. Its great ease of use and the success of its specific file format have made it software used by guitarists worldwide. It now includes editing support for many other instruments like the piano or the drums, a realistic audio engine, and interactive tools to support every musician's practice. Since its release, Guitar Pro has become known as the most powerful and intuitive tablature editor on the market. It stands as the definitive leader in its class! Guitar Pro is the top software choice of guitarist worldwide looking for a solution to learn, practice and teach guitar. The release of Guitar Pro 6 has been eagerly awaited by its millions of users and includes over 40 new features while improving those that have made it the success it is today. New features include: - A new easy-to-use User Interface (including full screen mode) â€“ Piano Grad Staff â€“ New notation symbols â€“ Parametric equalization on each track â€“ Over 50 pedal effects and over 100 instruments â€“ Configurable tones â€“ Tap tempo â€“ Jazz fonts â€“ Anacrusis â€“ A new, complete mixing table. Since the Guitar Pro format has become a true standard on the Internet, the software will let you enjoy thousands of scores that are already available over many websites. Guitar Pro 6, a Win/Mac hybrid, is the ultimate toolbox for the guitarist! It includes all the tools you need to improve, compose and accompany yourself on the guitar. This simple and intuitive multitrack tablature editor is specifically designed for guitar, bass or other stringed instruments.
The ultimate toolbox for the guitarist. Click to enlarge.
All the tools you need to improve, compose and accompany yourself on the guitar. Click to enlarge.
Switch from tablature view to standard notation for viewing or editing scores. Click to enlarge.
Request any chord in any tuning, and Guitar pro will display all possible finger positions for you.
Guitar Pro 6 features the newest in playback technology including RSE - Realistic Sound Engine. RSE gives you real time playback of your scores with realistic sound samples taken from high quality guitars and real time effects such as wah-wah. Advanced notation features add drum notation, vocal notation and tablature support for any stringed instruments with four to seven strings. The newest version, Guitar Pro 6.0, includes over 40 new features while improving on those that have made it the most popular guitar tablature editor available.
Known for its ease of use, Guitar Pro allows you to enter notes by using keyboard keys, mouse clicks on an on-screen fretboard or directly through a connected MIDI device, all in just a few minutes. This revolutionary software can handle up to 256 tracks and you can switch from tablature view to standard notation for viewing or editing scores. With automatically calculated rhythms, Guitar Pro works out the note durations for you, and when you play the score, the music scrolls along with you, rendering guitar-specific effects like bends and slides.
Also included in Guitar Pro are a digital guitar tuner, a chord diagram engine, and a scales tool. You can easily import and export MIDI and ASCII tab formats allowing Guitar Pro to be used with a limitless number of songs. Tens of thousands of Guitar Pro format files are available on the Internet. The WAVE Export allows you to convert a Guitar Pro file into an audio file which is playable without Guitar Pro and can be burned onto an audio CD.
With its ease-of-use, versatility and variety of tools, Guitar Pro will have you creating music in no time!
- Multitrack/monotrack display, horizontal or vertical scrolling, the screen display adjusts to your preferences and score types.
- Chord Diagram editor allows you to easily add chord diagrams to your score. Ask for any chord in any tuning and Guitar Pro will show you every diagram possible.
- Scales Tool allows you to view and listen to a large number of scales, from the most common to the most exotic.
- Digital or MIDI Tuner allows you to tune your guitar for every tuning possible, from 4- to 7-strings.
- Fretboard (or Keyboard) allows you to view and enter notes on the score. It is able to show the notes of the current beat, but also the notes for the next beat, the complete bar or the selected scale.
- Metronome gives the tempo while playing a score or even without playing it.
- Professional Quality Paper Printings can be monotrack or multitrack. This way you can print several views of the same score, perfect for a band.
New Features for Guitar Pro 6:
- Over 50 pedal effects and numerous sound banks (guitar, bass, drums, piano, orchestral etc.)
- A New MDI User Interface (including full screen mode)
- Piano Grand Staff
- Rhythm slash
- Simile marks
- Concert tone
- Parametric equalization on each track
- Configurable tones
- Tap tempo
- Jazz fonts
Â â€œGuitar Pro is an intelligent, simple, clear and precise tool â€¦ the standard of its field.â€
â€œComplete and easy to use â€¦ for a very low price considering its possibilitiesâ€¦â€
â€œGuitar Pro is unquestionably the best that can be found in the field of tablature editing for the PC.â€