The VS1003 is an audio codec module with on-board microphone that supports audio decoding of MP3, MP3+V, WMA, WAV, MIDI and SP-MIDI audio formats.
It also has ADPCM encoder which features a high quality stereo DAC (Digital to Analog Converter), a 16-bit adjustable ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) and a high quality stereo earphone driver (30 Ω).
It is ideal for adding audio decoding and encoding capabilities to embedded systems. Specifications
• Separate analog, digital, and IO power supply
• Serial data and control interface (SPI)
• 1 headphone and audio output interface
• 1 microphone for recording, support audio encoding format
• 1 line input interface; supports MP3 and WAV stream
• Power indicator light
• On-board 3.3 V and 2.5 V LDO chip AMS-1117, maximum current of 800 mA
• Single Power Supply: +5 VDC, capacitor filter
• 12.288 MHz crystal Package Includes
• 5pcs VS1003 MP3/WMA/MIDI Audio Codec with On-Board Microphone